Tuesday, May 15, 2012

2012 Leadership



Congratulations to next year's leadership!  I am blessed with many, many students who can serve as leadership of the band and cursed at the same time.  This is one of the hardest decisions that I have to make each year and never take it lightly.  Thank you to all of the students who attended our leadership clinics, prepared their questionnaire, and attended the interviews.  As we close on a very special year - these Seniors were 7th graders when I started at SPHS! - we are preparing for another tremendous year.  This is the time of year when I often think, "WOW! It seems like we just started the year.  Band camp was like yesterday! What do you mean graduation is next week?!?"






I am looking forward to next year, but this is a tough week saying bye to some amazing seniors.  Thank you guys for being great role models and creating a culture of positive encouragement.  You are a strong group of leaders who have faithfully lead with a positive attitude - title or not - and roll up your sleeves until the job is done.  Even this week when other classes are "done" we are pushing through for another concert and I am thankful for you!