Tuesday, October 23, 2012

E-mail from Mr. Roberts

Mr. Roberts sent this e-mail and I have posted it below with his permission:


I wanted to take a moment to thank you and the SPHS Band students for allowing me to work with the organization for this year's marching season.  The SPHS Band Program is a special organization that consistently executes a high quality performance while being humble and grateful for what opportunities are afforded to the students.  It is for this reason, and others, that all aspects of the band program at South Paulding continue to experience great success. The students have continued to inspire me as a music educator these past two weeks with their hard work and dedication.  They have proven to themselves, the staff and their audiences that their performances and the emotions attached to them are more important than any rating a score an adjudicator could ever give them.  It has been a true honor to have work with these amazing young men and women.  I hope that I can continue to work with these outstanding students for many years to come!


Mitchell Roberts
Band Director
Herschel Jones Middle School